Tuesdays are the perfect night to stay in & cook, it's a way to zen out during a stressful week.There are some really fun foodie-isms I have picked up from my friends & their amazing palettes.
I utilized their sources and inspirations all the time to make the time I spend dining more interesting. *Note I said interesting, not complicated as I'm not very culinary inclined, even though I try. Food brings people together to talk about life, laugh and enjoy one anothers company.
On Tuesdays we suggest, you stay in, shop online & maybe spend a little extra time in bed tonight with your favorite mate or take a long bubble bath after enjoying a sensuous treat. If you're too busy for that shizzz on Tuesday, flag this easy recipe and use it with friends this weekend.
Tonight, we are talking Grilled Donuts with Strawberry Basil & Mint Dipping Sauce.
- 8 glazed doughnuts
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 recipe Mint Julep Dip
- 1 recipe Strawberry Basil Dip
1. Heat charcoal or gas grill to medium-low. Coat doughnuts with cooking spray. Grill doughnuts, covered, until lightly browned, 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. Watch closely to avoid burning (the donuts or your apartment...) Serve grilled doughnuts with Mint Julep Dip and Strawberry Basil Dip.
Now, let's get saucyyy.
Strawberry Basil Dip
- 6 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon packed fresh basil leaves
1.In a blender or small food processor combine strawberries, cream cheese, and honey. Cover; blend or process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary. Add basil; pulse until just chopped. Serve immediately.
Mint Julep Dip
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon packed fresh mint leaves
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
1.In a small bowl combine sugar and mint leaves. Using a wooden spoon mash mint and sugar until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
2.In a blender container or food processor combine sugar mixture, cream cheese, milk, and bourbon. Cover; blend or process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary. Serve immediately.
So, bottom line, a super easy way to elevate your experience with food. You could just go on Seamless but it's summer in the city, why not keep it interesting? Impress someone with your efforts? Food is always enjoyed better with good company. Sign up with bhg.com for more amazing tips like this!